Are you considering using video to do social science research? Here are some resources to get you started.
- Watch a video guide to multimodal analysis of face-to-face interaction
- Read powerpoint presentations on obtaining and generating video data, theoretical and methodological approaches, and case studies of classrooms and Youtube.
- Read a working paper on video research by Carey Jewitt.
- Browse a bibliography of key readings in video research.
Moving image and digital film production
- Read a definition of the ‘kineikonic mode’
- Watch a video guide to analysing moving and digital film production.
- Read a working paper on how to analyse moving image.
Interactional analysis and multimodal transcription
- Listen to Frederick Erickson explaining how to analyse video from a micro-ethnographic perspective.
- Watch Lorenza Mondada giving a presentation about analysing embodied interaction. You can also watch an interview with her.
- Read how to run a video viewing session.
- Read an introduction into transcribing video by Diane Mavers.
- Read a how-to guide on multimodal transcription by Jeff Bezemer.
- Browse a collection of multimodal transcripts.
Pingback: Análisis multimodal de vídeos y películas | Alfabetización, semiótica social y multimodalidad·