In this free intensive online course we introduce multimodal methods for analysing communication and learning with digital technologies. The course is organised around four areas of research/interest:
- video analysis of face to face interaction
- embodied cognition and interaction with tangible and mobile devices
- text making in digital and online environments (blogs, forums and websites)
- moving image and digital film production
We draw examples from range of different research sites, including hospitals, schools, galleries and online platforms. The technologies we explore include digital video recording devices and editing tools, Web 2.0 technologies, and mobile and tangible devices.
To access the course, go to the Bloomsbury Learning Environment and follow these steps:
- Create a new account
- Enrol in the MODE course
- Accept the terms and conditions of use
- Access the course.
Tip: To increase readability of the texts you can minimise the elements in the sidebars.